ArtCenter Manatee is offering a series of free demo videos to introduce you to select classes and instructors, as well as to bring you a few art projects for children. All the demos and projects will be posted to our YouTube Channel where you may view them as many times as you’re like.
Welcome to Our 82nd Season!
ArtCenter Manatee is Manatee County's premier visual arts center featuring the artwork of many talented local, state and national artists. Exhibitions change monthly in the three galleries and the public is always welcome to the opening receptions to preview the artwork and meet the artists. Exhibits are free and open to the public excepting one national show - there is a nominal charge to cover shipping and insurance.
Art Opening Receptions
Each month, ArtCenter Manatee invites you to come to the opening reception for the exhibitions in the main galleries. Enjoy a glass of wine or beer, hors d’oeuvres, music and meet the artists.
On Display: June 16 – August 6 (Thursday) in all galleries
Pick up: Friday, August 7, 9:00-4:00pm
This open, all media, juried exhibit is sponsored by the Bradenton Area Arts & Culture.
First of all, what a pleasure and honor it is to be welcomed into ArtCenter Manatee, in the middle of June of 2020, as uncertainty swirls around us. What I came to find in the impressive entries submitted to “Create,” was the very spirit that sustains us when we struggle. Over and over again, the work spoke of universal ideas and shared experience witnessed and reported in a lyrical use of varied media. The themes that emerge after a sustained look: memory, tenderness, frustration, fragility and resilience. My selections reflect the ability of the chosen work, an apparent core desire, to communicate clearly. I can see the labor in my selections and the intention of the artist reaches me in a way that feels surprising, insightful, and memorable. The bravery and innovation I walk away remembering is a welcome gift. Thank you.
Katherine Bzura Gallery Director, Assistant Professor State College of Florida
Juror: Katherine Bzura
Bzura has been a photographer (and the Vice President of a multi-million dollar woman-owned aerial photography company), an art consultant for painters and sculptors in New York, and an award-winning gallery owner in Ybor City. She is now committed to showcasing art in Bradenton, and bringing examples of creativity and resilience into the lives of students at State College of Florida. In her current roles as Gallery Director of the Gallery @ SCF, the curator of the Art Collection @ SCF and an Assistant Professor teaching art history and art appreciation, Bzura continues to focus on the connections that exist between artists of all types and the communities and audiences they seek to reach. Katherine Bzura is a Florida native, the first National Merit Scholar to ever sign a four-year athletic scholarship at the University of South Florida who went on earn her Master’s Degree in Art History there.
2019-20 ArtCenter Manatee Exhibition Schedule
Download PDF: 2019-20 Exhibition Schedule
- Entries must be the original design of the artist completed in the last 3 years. (Sculptures completed in the last 5 years.) Class projects, of the artist’s own design, are acceptable.
- Copies of someone else’s design are not acceptable. Source material must be original and not derived from any published or copyrighted images.
- Only original work will be accepted; no reproductions (prints, giclees) except digital productions.
- Work may be shown only once in an ACM open or member show.
- Work may not be removed from the Artists’ Market to be shown in an exhibit.
- Student Show – Only work done in a class or workshop at ArtCenter Manatee within the last year will be accepted to this show. One piece per instructor per medium.
- Themes are suggestions only.
- Maximum size for paintings is 7’ x 7’.
- Any entry weighing over 50 lbs will be accepted at the discretion of the receiving committee and the artist must be available to assist with placement of the piece the day the show is hung.
- You may use glass in framed pieces under 22 x 28
- We require Plexiglas on all framed work over 22 x 28
- Unframed canvas need to be museum wrapped with painted edges.
- All photographs are to be framed under glass or Plexiglas or printed on museum wrapped canvas.
- All framed pieces should be wired, with wire ends wrapped with tape.
Wire should be securely attached to the back of the frame with screw eyes, one third down from the top of the frame.
- Saw tooth hangers, fishing line or chains will not be accepted.
- Name, address and phone number must be written on the back of all art.
- Yellow copy of entry form should be taped to the wire on the back-right side of the artwork.
- Mats, glass and Plexiglas need to be clean and free of scratches.
- Any entry not meeting these requirements will not be accepted.
- The entry fees are non-refundable.
- One Piece: $20 members, $30 non-members.
- Two Pieces: $30 members, $50 non-members.
- Three Pieces: $35 members, $65 non-members
- Diptych: $25 ArtCenter Manatee members, $40 non-members
- Triptych: $35 ArtCenter Manatee members, $60 non-members
- Diptych and Triptych must be in matching frames
- No work accepted for an exhibition may be substituted or withdrawn during the exhibit.
- Artwork sold will remain in the galleries until the published pick up date. The artist will receive 65% of the sale price.
Pick Up Deadline:
- All work must be picked up on the designated pick up date.
- Any artist who leaves work at the ArtCenter longer than 7 days after the pick up date will be charged $5 per day per piece.
Statement of Responsibility:
- The ArtCenter will do everything possible to protect the work of the artists. The artist needs to understand that the ArtCenter cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
- All work will be hung at the discretion of the Exhibition Committee. ArtCenter Manatee reserves the right of final presentation.
- The judge will be responsible for choosing art for the exhibit and the award winners. Artists will be notified by phone or email if their work is not accepted.
Open and Member Shows:
- Maximum of three entries per person.
- There must be a minimum of five (5) pieces in any award category to receive a cash award.