ArtCenter Manatee’s Capital Campaign
Double your impact!
All new donations to the Capital Campaign will be matched dollar for dollar by the Bishop Parker Foundation, up to $500,000 total!
“Arts and culture are the expressions of a community’s heart and soul.
Together they form an image that sets the city apart and creates anticipation
and excitement for the resident and traveler.”
-Americans for the Arts
ArtCenter Manatee is an 86-year old nonprofit visual arts center that cultivates a vibrant community by providing a platform for artists of all age and experience levels to create, exhibit, and market their work. We connect artists with the skills, information and services they need to make a living and a life.
We support Manatee County’s and Bradenton’s goal of becoming a destination for the arts by making art accessible to individuals and businesses through our classes, exhibits, events, and artisan gift shop.
With more than $3 billion in total direct expenditures into the Florida economy, arts and culture are sound investments in Florida’s future. We are poised to move to the next level of community service and influence by building a landmark facility to house our expanding visual arts programming to meet the needs of a fast-growing community.
ArtCenter Manatee is seeking a community investment of $15 million to build a new facility and expand and improve our programming, which will ensure the long term sustainability of the nonprofit visual arts center. Years of research show that the arts are closely linked to almost everything we say we want for our community: creative and academic achievement, social and emotional development, civic engagement, and equitable opportunity.
Our goals in this campaign are to:
- Raise funds to build a landmark facility for visual arts programming that will allow us to present a rich and diverse variety of local, regional and national programming.
- Expand classrooms, exhibit space and the gift market in an environmentally
friendly and ADA compliant facility.
- Serve as the Hub for artists and the community to gather, create, share, exhibit, market and dialogue about the arts.
- Provide adequate parking for events as well as classes and exhibits.
- Build financial assets to ensure continuity.
The arts are a powerful tool to help economies thrive, and help individuals to connect and engage with each other and across cultures.
- Increase visibility of the arts and the ArtCenter in downtown
- Provide an enhanced and vibrant visual arts experience both indoors and
- Create a beautiful, iconic entrance into Bradenton to welcome residents and
- Provide a walkable area that will connect the Downtown area to the
- Add green space to Downtown Bradenton where people can gather, engage, relax and enjoy the arts.
- Expand visual arts classes and exhibits that provide inspirational and educational sustenance to the larger Bradenton community.
- Bring National and International exhibits to the ArtCenter galleries that will serve to spotlight Bradenton as a cultural destination with visitors and residents.
- Contribute to establishing Bradenton as an exciting and vibrant destination for the Arts
We’re doing it for you. Without the support of all the people who came before you, we would not be here today. Join us in supporting our building campaign to ensure we are here for future generations of artists and art lovers.
Ways you can donate. You can donate with a check, charge, cash or through PayPal. You can also donate real estate, make a stock transfer or from your Donor Advised Fund.
We’d love to share our vision. Call or email to learn more.
With your support, we’ll continue to Transform Lives & Build Community through Art.