Celebrating 80 Years
Used But Useful
ArtCenter Manatee accepts items for donation for use in our children’s summer camp programs and for resale in our Used But Useful annual sale. All proceeds from the sale of items will benefit the Education Programs of ArtCenter Manatee. Items must be paid for and picked up at the ArtCenter – no deliveries or shipping. Sales tax will be added to each order. Used But Useful items are sold as is and all sales are final with a NO RETURN policy. Please call Christina to make an appointment for donation drop off at 941-746-2862.
Take a 3D Tour of ArtCenter Manatee
Take a 3D tour of ArtCenter Manatee
Tour by Dieter Lau
Pottery Studio Rules
Pottery Studio Rules
- There is a designated area for clay for students who are in a class. Name, date and instructor must be written in marker on clay package. This is mandatory.
- While in wheel classes, long hair must be tied back & dangling jewelry removed. No open toe shoes are permitted in Raku class.
- Door leading to deck must be closed at all times.
- Please know you leave your clay at your own risk. This is a public studio and ACM is not responsible for missing clay.
- Shelves are exclusively provided for “work in progress” only. No personal storage on shelves please.
- After the class session, any clay left over is to be taken home by the student or it will be removed for recycling. Open Studio participants must take clay home with them.
- All tools, sponges, brushes, containers, etc. are to be washed and put back in designated places. This also applies for the plastic, newspapers, glazes and boards. Keep countertops free from clutter.
- If you intend to take work in progress home you will need to bring in your own board for transport. Boards are not to leave the premises.
- Bisque and glazed pieces have to be picked up within 30 days of firing. After that, work will become the property of ACM.
- The tables on the deck are not for pottery drying or as a studio workspace.
- Please no sanding on deck & in studio. Sanding is done in raku area.
- Please check with the instructor before adding water to glazes.
- Be considerate of others sharing the studio and clean up after yourself. This includes tables, glazing area, lids on glaze buckets and wheels.
- You must sign in for open studio. You have one week of open studio time after a class ends to complete your project without a fee.
- As of January 1, 2017 only Phoenix clay provided by ACM will be permitted.
- Please be considerate of your fellow students. This is a creative space.
Thank You and Have Fun!
Become An Instructor
ArtCenter Manatee is the premier visual arts center in Manatee County. We serve a diverse community of artists from ages 4 to over 90. Our classes, over 400 a year, offer instruction for beginning to advanced students, both adult and youth. We offer classes and workshops year round in the morning, afternoon and evening, Monday through Friday. Classes and Workshops are often available on weekends.
Class proposals from high-caliber instructors are always welcome. We provide instruction in drawing, painting, watercolor, photography, pottery, sculpture, jewelry and kids art. We’ve recently added classes in mosaics and basket-weaving and are open to exploring other areas, including fashion design, stone carving, film-making/videography and glass.
If you would like to submit a proposal to ArtCenter Manatee, please complete the following form.
Thank you for your interest in ArtCenter Manatee!
Exhibition Proposal Form
Please complete the following form and submit to ArtCenter Manatee. Please make sure images are named as requested to be considered. All files marked with an asterisk are required.
Thank you for your proposal.
ArtCenter Manatee accepts curatorial proposals or proposals from emerging or established artists to have work included in an exhibition. They may be local, national or international. The exhibition goal is to facilitate the dialogue of artists and curators with diverse perspectives that will engage, educate and enhance our visitor’s experience.
ArtCenter Manatee Exhibition Proposals
ArtCenter Manatee offers three galleries, the largest of which is 19’ x 58’. While there no restrictions of media or style, our exhibition requirements must be followed.
All proposals will be reviewed by a committee and the Executive Director. Please keep in mind that exhibitions are often scheduled up to two years in advance. The response may take several months after the initial submission.
There is a non-refundable fee of $25 for each proposal. Upon acceptance, there will be a fee to cover the cost of producing the exhibit including gallery rental fees.
Thank you for your submission.
Proposals must include:
- Name and contact info for artist/curator
- CV/Resume of artist/curator including exhibition and education history
- Clear and concise description of exhibit-proposed work and concept, including media, number of pieces
- Display requirements – special requirements, pedestals, lighting, hanging, etc,
- Examples of artwork – 10-20 samples of actual work. All photos of work must be clearly marked with artist name title, dimensions and medium (jpg preferred, 1 mb)
- Preferred Dates
All successful applicants must enter into an exhibition contract with ArtCenter Manatee. ArtCenter Manatee must approve any deviation from the original exhibition proposal. In the case of major changes to the original exhibition proposal ArtCenter Manatee reserves the right to terminate the agreement. The name ArtCenter Manatee must not be used in any grant or sponsorship application without the written approval of ArtCenter Manatee.
The attendance of the artist/curator during the installation process and his/her involvement with the promotion of the exhibition is greatly encouraged.
If the exhibition requires materials, equipment, travel or freight costs or insurance, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure these costs can be met. Any variation to the costs normally covered by ArtCenter Manatee will be at the sole discretion of the Director.
The following exhibition costs are normally covered by ArtCenter Manatee
- Artist and curator fee/s
- Email invitation to exhibition opening
- Exhibition press release
- Documentation of exhibition for gallery requirements
- Installation and de-installation of exhibition
- Publication on website and social media
To Submit Online select this link
Applications may also be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on