2017-18 ArtCenter Manatee Exhibition Schedule
Download PDF: 2017-2018 ACM Exhibition Schedule
- Entries must be the original design of the artist completed in the last 3 years. (Sculptures completed in the last 5 years.) Class projects, of the artist’s own design, are acceptable.
- Copies of someone else’s design are not acceptable. Source material must be original and not derived from any published or copyrighted images.
- Only original work will be accepted; no reproductions (prints, giclees) except digital productions.
- Work may be shown only once in an ACM open or member show.
- Work may not be removed from the Artists’ Market to be shown in an exhibit.
- Student Show – Only work done in a class or workshop at ArtCenter Manatee within the last year will be accepted to this show. One piece per instructor per medium.
- Maximum size for paintings is 7’ x 7’.
- Any entry weighing over 50 lbs will be accepted at the discretion of the receiving committee and the artist must be available to assist with placement of the piece the day the show is hung.
- You may use glass in framed pieces under 22 x 28
- We require Plexiglas on all framed work over 22 x 28
- Unframed canvas need to be museum wrapped with painted edges.
- All photographs are to be framed under glass or Plexiglas or printed on museum wrapped canvas.
- All framed pieces should be wired, with wire ends wrapped with tape.
Wire should be securely attached to the back of the frame with screw eyes, one third down from the top of the frame.
- Saw tooth hangers, fishing line or chains will not be accepted.
- Name, address and phone number must be written on the back of all art.
- Yellow copy of entry form should be taped to the wire on the back-right side of the artwork.
- Mats, glass and Plexiglas need to be clean and free of scratches.
- Any entry not meeting these requirements will not be accepted.
- The entry fees are non-refundable.
- One Piece: $20 members, $30 non-members.
- Two Pieces: $30 members, $50 non-members.
- Three Pieces: $35 members, $65 non-members
- Diptych: $25 ArtCenter Manatee members, $40 non-members
- Triptych: $35 ArtCenter Manatee members, $60 non-members
- Diptych and Triptych must be in matching frames
- No work accepted for an exhibition may be substituted or withdrawn during the exhibit.
- Artwork sold will remain in the galleries until the published pick up date. The artist will receive 65% of the sale price.
Pick Up Deadline:
- All work must be picked up on the designated pick up date.
- Any artist who leaves work at the ArtCenter longer than 7 days after the pick up date will be charged $5 per day per piece.
Statement of Responsibility:
- The ArtCenter will do everything possible to protect the work of the artists. The artist needs to understand that the ArtCenter cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
- All work will be hung at the discretion of the Exhibition Committee. ArtCenter Manatee reserves the right of final presentation.
- The judge will be responsible for choosing art for the exhibit and the award winners. Artists will be notified by phone or email if their work is not accepted.
Open and Member Shows:
- Maximum of three entries per person.
- There must be a minimum of five (5) pieces in any award category to receive a cash award.