ArtCenter Manatee Exhibition Proposals
ArtCenter Manatee accepts curatorial proposals or proposals from emerging or established artists to have work included in an exhibition. They may be local, national or international. The exhibition goal is to facilitate the dialogue of artists and curators with diverse perspectives that will engage, educate and enhance our visitor’s experience.
All proposals will be reviewed by a committee and the Executive Director. Please keep in mind that exhibitions are often scheduled up to two years in advance. The response may take several months after the initial submission.
There is a non-refundable fee of $25 for each proposal. Upon acceptance, there will be a fee to cover the cost of producing the exhibit including gallery rental fees.
Thank you for your submission.
Reid Hodges Gallery
Proposals must include:
- Name and contact info for artist/curator
- CV/Resume of artist/curator including exhibition and education history
- Clear and concise description of exhibit-proposed work and concept, including media, number of pieces
- Display requirements – special requirements, pedestals, lighting, hanging, etc,
- Examples of artwork – 10-20 samples of actual work. All photos of work must be clearly marked with artist name title, dimensions and medium (jpg preferred, 1 mb)
- Preferred Dates
All successful applicants must enter into an exhibition contract with ArtCenter Manatee. ArtCenter Manatee must approve any deviation from the original exhibition proposal. In the case of major changes to the original exhibition proposal ArtCenter Manatee reserves the right to terminate the agreement. The name ArtCenter Manatee must not be used in any grant or sponsorship application without the written approval of ArtCenter Manatee.
The attendance of the artist/curator during the installation process and his/her involvement with the promotion of the exhibition is greatly encouraged.
If the exhibition requires materials, equipment, travel or freight costs or insurance, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure these costs can be met. Any variation to the costs normally covered by ArtCenter Manatee will be at the sole discretion of the Director.
The following exhibition costs are normally covered by ArtCenter Manatee
- Artist and curator fee/s
- Email invitation to exhibition opening
- Exhibition press release
- Documentation of exhibition for gallery requirements
- Installation and de-installation of exhibition
- Publication on website and social media
To Submit Online select this link
Applications may also be submitted via email to: email@example.com