Feb 26-Mar 29
Opening Reception Thursday Feb 28, 5:00-7:00
The Colored Pencil Society of America (CPSA), Florida, will hold their “It’s Colored Pencil 2019” exhibit at ArtCenter Manatee in the Kellogg Gallery, February 26 through March 29. The show will feature the work of 27 colored pencil artists from Florida. Juror for the show, Erin Wilson, is from the Museum of Fine Art in St. Petersburg. CPSA strives to bring awareness to the beauty and richness of colored pencil as a medium for creating fine art.
Fire in the Sky by Kent Zoller, Golden Beauties of Victoria by Marilyn Jones, Splash with Dad by Mellisa Miller Nece
Welcome to Our 80th Season!
ArtCenter Manatee is Manatee County's premier visual arts center featuring the artwork of many talented local, state and national artists. Exhibitions change monthly in the three large galleries and the public is always welcome to the opening receptions to preview the artwork and meet the artists.
Art Opening Receptions
Each month, ArtCenter Manatee invites you to come to the opening reception for the exhibitions in the main galleries. Enjoy a glass of wine or beer, hors d’oeuvres, music and meet the artists.
Feb 26-Mar 29
Opening Reception Thursday Feb 28, 5:00-7:00
The APUSA 13th Annual Juried Show will be held at ArtCenter Manatee in the Searle Gallery.
Founded in 2006, APUSA’s mission is to further the interests of artists in the use of acrylic/water-media by providing competitive exhibits, encouraging the study of the acrylic medium, and educating artists and the public on the significance of acrylics as an important painting medium. They represent some of the finest acrylic painters in the region.
The juror for this show is William “Skip” Lawrence, a well-known artist and Editor-in-Chief of Palette Magazine.
Reid Hodges Gallery
Feb 26 – Mar 29
Opening Reception Thurs, Feb 28, 5:00 – 7:00pm
Pick up – Mar 30, 2019
This all media annual shows highlights the work of our students, who are challenged to improve their skills and express their vision in our classes. While many of our students are professional artists, this exhibit speaks to their desire to continue to learn and explore. ArtCenter Manatee is committed to providing our students the opportunity to display their work professionally and to a broader audience. Juror is Bea Dreier, painter
Only work done in a class or workshop at ArtCenter Manatee within the last year will be accepted to this show. One piece per instructor per medium.
Entry Fees: Entry fees support the exhibition program at ArtCenter Manatee and help to keep the arts alive and vibrant in our community. If you are not currently a member, an individual membership is available for $60 for one full year.
1 piece – members $20, non-members $30
2 pieces – members $30, non-members $50
3 pieces – members $35, non-members $65
Diptych –members add $5, non-members add $10”
Triptych –members add $15, non-members add $30
Florida Suncoast Watercolor Society Annual Aqueous Show
Searle & Reid Hodges Galleries, Jan 15–Feb 22
Opening Reception, Thursday, Jan 17th, 5-7pm
The Florida Suncoast Watercolor Society (FSWS) was formed in 1983 and has more than 200 members, many of whom have achieved statewide and national recognition for their work; it serves members who live along the Florida Gulf Coast. FSWS was formed in 1983 to foster the advancement of and promote excellence in the art of watercolor painting. Their intent is to inform and educate through exhibitions, lectures and painting demonstrations as to the best work currently being done in watercolor.
Celebrating its 36th Anniversary in 2019
On display Jan 15 – Feb 22
Opening Reception Jan 17, 5:00-7:00pm
ArtCenter Manatee is honored to host the pre-eminent 151st Traveling Exhibition of the American Watercolor Society International Exhibition. Chosen from a field of 150 water media masterpieces selected into the International Exhibition (from more than 1100 entries), the traveling show features the work of 40 artists. This year’s show is sure to inspire both artists and art lovers.
As one of only six venues in the country and the only in Florida to host this show, ArtCenter Manatee will display the amazingly diverse water media work in the Kellogg Gallery from January 15 through February 22, 2019. Admission is $5, which assists in covering the cost of bringing such a prestigious exhibition to the ArtCenter and Bradenton. The Opening Reception will be on Thursday, January 17 from 5:00-7:00pm and is free and open to the public
While inclusion in this exhibition is itself an honor, participants also compete for the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Medals of Honor, and 29 other awards and medals totaling more than $50,000 in prize money.
Docent tours will be available by appointment. Please contact Angie at the ArtCenter at 941-746-2862 to make arrangements.
We hope you’ll join us for our Opening Reception on Thursday, January 17, 5:00 to 7:00pm. Meet the artists, discover the amazing talent of these local as well as international water media artists, and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere in our galleries. Hors d’oeuvres and beverages available.
2018-19 ArtCenter Manatee Exhibition Schedule
Download PDF: 2018-2019 ACM Exhibition Schedule
- Entries must be the original design of the artist completed in the last 3 years. (Sculptures completed in the last 5 years.) Class projects, of the artist’s own design, are acceptable.
- Copies of someone else’s design are not acceptable. Source material must be original and not derived from any published or copyrighted images.
- Only original work will be accepted; no reproductions (prints, giclees) except digital productions.
- Work may be shown only once in an ACM open or member show.
- Work may not be removed from the Artists’ Market to be shown in an exhibit.
- Student Show – Only work done in a class or workshop at ArtCenter Manatee within the last year will be accepted to this show. One piece per instructor per medium.
- Maximum size for paintings is 7’ x 7’.
- Any entry weighing over 50 lbs will be accepted at the discretion of the receiving committee and the artist must be available to assist with placement of the piece the day the show is hung.
- You may use glass in framed pieces under 22 x 28
- We require Plexiglas on all framed work over 22 x 28
- Unframed canvas need to be museum wrapped with painted edges.
- All photographs are to be framed under glass or Plexiglas or printed on museum wrapped canvas.
- All framed pieces should be wired, with wire ends wrapped with tape.
Wire should be securely attached to the back of the frame with screw eyes, one third down from the top of the frame.
- Saw tooth hangers, fishing line or chains will not be accepted.
- Name, address and phone number must be written on the back of all art.
- Yellow copy of entry form should be taped to the wire on the back-right side of the artwork.
- Mats, glass and Plexiglas need to be clean and free of scratches.
- Any entry not meeting these requirements will not be accepted.
- The entry fees are non-refundable.
- One Piece: $20 members, $30 non-members.
- Two Pieces: $30 members, $50 non-members.
- Three Pieces: $35 members, $65 non-members
- Diptych: $25 ArtCenter Manatee members, $40 non-members
- Triptych: $35 ArtCenter Manatee members, $60 non-members
- Diptych and Triptych must be in matching frames
- No work accepted for an exhibition may be substituted or withdrawn during the exhibit.
- Artwork sold will remain in the galleries until the published pick up date. The artist will receive 65% of the sale price.
Pick Up Deadline:
- All work must be picked up on the designated pick up date.
- Any artist who leaves work at the ArtCenter longer than 7 days after the pick up date will be charged $5 per day per piece.
Statement of Responsibility:
- The ArtCenter will do everything possible to protect the work of the artists. The artist needs to understand that the ArtCenter cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
- All work will be hung at the discretion of the Exhibition Committee. ArtCenter Manatee reserves the right of final presentation.
- The judge will be responsible for choosing art for the exhibit and the award winners. Artists will be notified by phone or email if their work is not accepted.
Open and Member Shows:
- Maximum of three entries per person.
- There must be a minimum of five (5) pieces in any award category to receive a cash award.